Would you pay more to get a tablet that's not available in your country?

Discussion in 'General Mobile Tablet Discussions' started by Marc, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

Hey guys, quick question.

Would you pay more to get a tablet that's not yet available in your country? Why?
  2. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Possibly, if the tablet is cheaper than what is currently is available even if I payed more.

I think some people in Canada payed more for the original Amazon Kindle Fire on eBay, and other non-Amazon sites like Craigslist, and payed more than $199 back when Canada had no good tablets for $199 at retail stores before the Nexus 7 8GB was released to Canada. Most of the good tablets cost $299 in Canada, and were not really worth it.

I think some people may pay more for a Microsoft Surface Pro which may not be available in their country because the Surface Pro can be a laptop replacement, and also have access to touchbased apps.
  3. dilawer Forum Moderator

If I can afford it and there's no way to get one for cheaper price then yes.
    or If someone else is paying for it.
    [IMG]
  4. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Ainol which is an Asian/Chinese tablet is pretty affordable, and have a few tablets which cost under $200 with decent specs, so it is worth importing/paying more since it would probably still be cheaper than locally sold tablets with similar specs in Europe, Australia, and Canada.

I recently read the Hisense Sero 7 LT drop their prices to $79, Sero Pro 7 to $129, so if you don't live close to a US Walmart which is the only places which sell the Sero Pro 7, it could be worth paying someone who lives in the US to buy one for you at Walmart, and ship it to your country.

The Hisense Sero Pro 7 has specs similar to a Nexus 7 1st generation with a Tegra 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, front camera, 7 inch display, and Android 4.2 but the Sero Pro only has 8GB of storage, and also has a Micro-HDMI port, Rear camera, and MicroSD memory Card slot.

The Sero 7 LT uses a dual core CPU, less powerful graphics, 1GB RAM 4GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot, front camera, 7 inch screen, 4 hour battery life, and Android 4.1 . The Sero 7 LT seems like a good tablet for using away from home where you may not need as much performance, and you are more likely to get your tablet stolen, broken, or lost when you are out.