Would you buy a wireless charger when you already have a wired?

Discussion in 'Accessory Discussions' started by Marc, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

Would you buy a wireless charger for a couple extra bucks when you already have a wired charger?
  2. dilawer Forum Moderator

Yes, only if it's pretty cheap.
  3. Avent Forum Moderator

I think I would because my geek would get the better of my and want to try it out.
  4. Sheepishwolf Highly Addictive User

I would buy it if it was cheap. It would be very handy for traveling and for if I were to lose my wired charger - and I do lose them relatively often, so it's nice to have a spare anyways. It would also be very neat to try out and use.
  5. Corvus Highly Addictive User

Most likely. It's always a bless to have wireless charger but price is an import aspect. Too expensive, forget. Cheap.. I'm in. :D
  6. Marc Forum Administrator

The last wireless charger I saw costs $60 (that's the Nexus 4 wireless charging orb from the Google Play store).
  7. dilawer Forum Moderator

sadly, I don't have a Nexus 4 :D
    btw, $60 isn't cheap for a charger
  8. Marc Forum Administrator

Exactly! :devilish:
  9. Svoboda1 New Kid on the Block

Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES.

I'm telling you, you don't realize how much something annoys you until you have wireless charging. I have a Lumia 920 and when I purchased, AT&T was running a deal where they threw in a Nokia wireless charging plate. It is quite possibly my favorite accessory I've ever had for a phone. I have it set up in my valet on my console table so when I walk in the door, I throw it on the charger. No looking for it, no cables to plug/unplug, no issues with the jack/port because of the cable tension/stretch, so on and so forth.
  10. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

One of the down sides of a wireless charger is you can't charge your device if it is not resting on the charging pad, so if you are very low on battery, you need to use your device while on the pad instead of holding it, and letting it charge with the wire plug in while you hold your phone to make a call, text, play a game, or browse the web.

Wired chargers work well for me, and I don't find plugging in a cable into a port hard.

Most newer phones, and some tablets can charge via USB, so you can charge your mobiles while you are using your computer by plugging it into an empty USB port.

Also, some mobile devices also might perform faster when plugged into the wall's power because when it is plugged in, your device does not have to conserve power. Plus, if you are watching a long video, or playing a long game, a wired charger would be better since a wire is flexible.