Would you buy a Blackberry Playbook Tablet if it is on sale for $99-125 for the 16-32GB version?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry and BlackBerry World' started by Johnson Yip, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Yes, I probably would buy a Blackberry Playbook 16GB-32GB tablet for $99-125 if there is ever a fire sale for it like the HP TouchPad 16GB.

The Playbook still look like a good tablet for basic tasks, Games, multimedia, web browsing, and it can use some Android apps as well since it has an Android App Player.

2. Marc Forum Administrator

If the blackberry playbook was on sale for $99 US, I'd get myself one.

It has a nice design and it should feel comfortable in the hand.
    It also has a dual-core 1GHz cortex-A9 processor and 1GB of RAM so I expect no slowdowns for:
    • playing most games.
    • web browsing.
    • multi-tasking.
    If you guys are interested in watching a multitasking test on the blackberry playbook:

3. Marc Forum Administrator

Okay, I changed my mind since the iOS app rumor.
    If I get an offer for an unused playbook tablet around $125, I'm going to buy it, ;)

Edited: although I still put first preference to the Nexus 7.
  4. Meet New Kid on the Block

Yes I will buy it though I don't prefer Blackberry much as it is at a low cost as compared to other devices but then also I will buy tab 2 or nexus 7 or note if I am given an option for it as they are real cool tabs.
  5. dilawer Forum Moderator

HP touch pad is still a better option as it has the ability to run Android Os.
    I'd pass on the play book tho.
  6. Victoria Let Go My AnDroid

I definitely consider it a lot more because of the Android app player but I still wouldn't. My dad owns an HP touch pad and I rank it way ahead of this.
  7. IVOXX Let Go My AnDroid

Is the memory expandable? But isn't the point of all these upgrades that today's awesome device is tomorrow's discardable piece of junk because neither the products for the peripherals support it? I like that size for video though. perfect plane/train companion.
  8. sagarsaw Let Go My AnDroid

I would definitely go for it,because at that price you get an amazing combination of solid specifications and with the Android Apps support you get over 600,000 apps on your tablet making it virtually a cheap android tablet with a good brand name,why not?
  9. Marc Forum Administrator

I change my mind again :unsure:. I'd prefer save up for a blackberry 10 tablet (once they're out).
  10. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

But PlayBooks will run BB10 in the future. As well, PlayBooks can run older (up to 2.3) Android apps.
  11. Marc Forum Administrator

Are you sure about that? Any source...?
  12. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

Marc likes this.
  13. Marc Forum Administrator

I had no idea BlackBerry was planning to update their PlayBook OS to BlackBerry 10.
    I have to see it with my own eyes, heh, :D
    Avent likes this.
  14. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

Oh? Lol.

Yeah, my thought is that they'll make the PlayBook 2 or something the first official BB10 tablet.
  15. Avent Forum Moderator

I paid a lot more for it I believe so if I could of brought it for this price anyway then I would of!
  16. Marc Forum Administrator

Yeah. It's better to wait a while until the discounts start rolling in before rushing in and purchasing X Y and Z. Gadgets normally get price drops after XX months (most likely).
  17. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

Yeah, I would. After all, it's a BlackBerry...and for that price, it's a bargain!
  18. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

Then, is BB like Apple but without the excessive priceline? :p