What If There Were No App Stores

Discussion in 'Mobile App and Game Marketing' started by Marc, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

What do you think it would have been like if there were no App Stores? (eg. Google Play, BlackBerry World, etc)
  2. dilawer Forum Moderator

then there would be no point in having a smart device!
    Avent likes this.
  3. Avent Forum Moderator

I would say if there was no app stores the dumb phones would still be very popular.
  4. Sheepishwolf Highly Addictive User

If there were no app stores, then smart phones would probably still be very popular. I don't think they would be as obsessively used though; people wouldn't be on them all the time, because there wouldn't be as many things to do. There would be much more space on my phone if there wasn't an app store, and I'd probably get more music to fill up the time I wasn't using apps.
  5. Marc Forum Administrator

Err.. well... I was thinking it'd be like the Internet without search engines, :whistling:
  6. AnnaS Highly Addictive User

All the meaning of smartphones is in applications. Can not imagine my devices without it.
  7. dilawer Forum Moderator

It'd be the internet without Facebook, twitter, YouTube, and everything that you do for fun online. (I don't wanna know) :-P
  8. Mascot Tom BBM Crazy Member

If there were no app stores, people would just depend on their computers more....

...To download apps.;) It'd kinda be like the first PSP, where people would mod and download software for it.
  9. sagarsaw Let Go My AnDroid

If there were no app stores,then we would never ever had a chance to play those exciting games like Draw Something and games from independent developers,because the App Stores for various platforms are responsible for growing interest amongst newbie developers and independent developers who do not have big amount of money to invest in an app/game.
  10. Corvus Highly Addictive User

Then we all be in trouble. :p
  11. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

Well, there were no app stores before smartphones, but there were sites from you could get apps and games..so...