What do you think of Blackberry?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry and BlackBerry World' started by 50Cent, Sep 16, 2011.

1. devcellent New Kid on the Block

I was referring to BB10 device, i.e., Z10 on which the browser outscores other device.
  2. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

I heard that RIM made their own web rendering engine. Pretty awesome, we have a new fourth...but it's only on mobile.
  3. simplyjo New Kid on the Block

I love blackberry coz I am a full time IM'er ! I need to stay connected and blackberry has the fastest emails . BBM rocks too. I use BB Storm and I wouldn't change it for the world :)
  4. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

The functionality of Blackberry devices, in my experience, is flawless. It took a very long time for me to switch from Blackberry. I used Blackberry right up until I bought my Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm eligible for an upgrade with Sprint this month and if I weren't already involved in a build project for Android Ice Cream Sandwich I'd probably switch to the Blackberry Z10.

Ah... decisions, decisions...
  5. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

Oh? If that's so, I can see the BB10 phones giving RIM a bit of a comeback.
  6. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

Only if they continue to produce new smartphones that can compete with Apple and Android on a consistent basis. The Blackberry Z10 very well may be awesome, but there will of course be new iterations of the Samsung Galaxy series and Apple iPhone. Blackberry, formerly Research In Motion (RIM), won't be successful if they don't compete in the marketplace.
  7. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

BB probably will never regain the top-spot culturally. It was always behind Symbian if stats are correct. I don't think they'll ever beat Apple, though.
  8. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

I read somewhere that their best success is in emerging markets such as Indonesia and Brazil. It seems as though every new phone is supposedly targeting those markets though, so I guess it's universal. I do see a ton of commercials for the BlackBerry Z10 on Canadian television- it seems like every commercial break during Cracked, and Hockey Night In Canada (HNIC).
  9. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

I've recently read an article saying that a company ordered a shitload of BB Z10, the biggest order in the company's history. So I guess there's still people who actually like BB out there.
  10. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

I just finished reading about it on Cnet:
    Obviously the reports of BlackBerry's demise were inaccurate ;)
  11. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
  12. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

This sounds oddly familiar. Where's it from?
  13. Chase New Kid on the Block

I think the newest Blackberry looks rather nice, but I think Blackberry may be too far in the ground with people shoveling dirt on them for the company to pull itself back into relevance.

I was forced to use a BlackBerry for work and I hated it. It wasn't a brand new phone, but still. It was what typical Blackberries from a few years ago looked like. The UI wasn't that great, the response was terrible, and just the look and feel of the tactile keyboard was awful.

Like I said, I think the newest one looks pretty alright. I don't think anything they could could convince me to leave my iPhone, though. Not to mention I would pick Windows Phone and Android over BB. I think they tried to hard to not change their style and now they have fallen so far behind Apple, Google, and Microsoft. WinMo was bad, but they learned from their mistakes and Windows Phone 7/8 is a much improved OS from them.
  14. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

I agree with your opinion that BlackBerry had gotten complacent. I believe they honestly thought commercial customers would not switch- they were wrong.

I do think they have recognized their mistakes though. This is why they are attempting to solidify a consumer base in emerging markets like Brazil and Indonesia. They know they've lost their consumer base in the United States at least, and they won't be able to claw back into being a significant market presence without a solid consumer base somewhere.

They do seem to be aggressively advertising in Canada, their home country, too.
  15. Nuke Crazy Drama Queen

Star Citizen's Kickstarter Campaign