Waste of Time and Money Accessories

Discussion in 'Accessory Discussions' started by Marc, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

What are some smartphone/tablet/gadget accessories you consider a waste of time and money?
    Please explain why. Thanks!
  2. Ronin Forum Moderator

One of the phone cases I got for my iPhone had a space where you could add a lanyard... Why would I walk around swinging my phone around on a little string, or around my neck? lol maybe its just me....
  3. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Stickers for Tablets which make the back have cool flames, and water patterns like some sports cars. I think it is a waste because I don't like stickers on my electronics.
  4. dilawer Forum Moderator

Leather cases that make your device look like a bulky book :) lol I hate them.
  5. Flux Let Go My AnDroid

I bought a case for my old iPod Touch 4 which didn't actually fit properly...
  6. Black Angel I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

Juice packs for anything that isn't an iDevice or a tablet. The reason I say this is because most other OEMs give you the option of swapping out your battery and there is also the fact that they kill your battery's life much faster. They are also not very attractive and can be bulky as well.

I can understand a juice pack for a tablet since you can't swap the battery, but it would still be pretty bulky anyway.. so I still wouldn't get one for a smartphone or tablet for that reason.
  7. Flux Let Go My AnDroid

By this I'm guessing you mean an external battery? I was thinking of getting one for when my iPhone runs down.
  8. Black Angel I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

Technically yes and no. A juice pack bridges the gap between an external battery and a case.

Previously, Mophie has made these exclusively for iDevices, but they have recently started making them for Android phones as well. I think they just released a juice pack for the S3..
  9. SonJonSon Guest

The Atrix phone was a good phone but the dock accessory was a total waste of money .
  10. anna_karenina Highly Addictive User

Cases that don't fit are a HUGE waste of money. After a few bad experiences with some ordered online I gave up in the end. I use a baby sock to keep my smartphone.