Samsung Galaxy S3 vs IPhone 5

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by ramtastic05, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

Is it possible that the S3 is better than the iphone 5?

I saw a picture with some statistics about the S3 and iphone 5, i think it was by Samsung, their commercial about the next best thing is already here.

I just wanted to see if others agree. A couple friends of mine have the S3 and they say its awesome.

What do you guys think?
  2. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

3. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

@ashimashi - i dont know if i want to trust that website with its performance scores, seeing how the website is named after the iphone

but, looking at the chart my phone is not even on it, so i think its time for an upgrade :)
  4. cpvr Let Go My AnDroid

5. dilawer Forum Moderator

I don't know if the Chart is biased or not but the Note 2 will surely kick iPhone 5's ass when it comes to processor because the GS3 has an old gen processor compared to the iPhone 5 maybe because it was released way earlier than it. So, the Next Samsung device would technically be the competitor to the iPhone 5.
    Still, the GS3 is far better than the iPhone 5.
  6. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

The thing with these are that one will never be as good as the other. iPhone 5 might be the fastest at the moment but in a couple months Samsung or HTC or another brand will be faster. Then again after 6 or 7 months, the next iPhone will come out which will be even the fastest again. It is a cycle that keeps going and going. Which I guess is a good thing. competition always brings better products.
  7. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

I'm not sure if it's biased or not, but you have a point. The GS3 has been out for quite a while now, and the iphone 5 is nothing but a hardware update. No new features, just better performing hardware, and the larger screen.

I would like to see Samsung's newest device compared to the rest as well.

You are right about that, competition drivers innovation as well as better and cheaper products.
  8. Marc Forum Administrator

I think you guys should take a look at this.
    It's a video comparing the speeds between the iPhone 5 and the dual-core Samsung Galaxy S3 with ICS :

iPhone 5 - iOS 6 operating system
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (dual-core) - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (NOT Jelly Bean)

iPhone 5 Vs Dual-core Samsung Galaxy S3 Application Speed Tests :

Fast Forward YouTube Video To View :
    • Camera Test - 5:08
    • Browser Speed Test - 6:17
    • Browser Benchmark Test - 8:27
    Again, this is the dual-core Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
    The quad-core Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean (upgrade from ICS) might give a good fight, ;)
  9. Marc Forum Administrator

The Galaxy Note 2 uses the same Exynos 4412 Quad chipset, the same Mali-400MP GPU and the same quad-core Cortex-A9 processor at a higher clock frequency (of course, this is the international S3 I'm talking about).

... :bookworm:
  10. Black Angel I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

Ironically enough, my brother's girlfriend texted me today and said that she wants to get an S3. She has an iPhone 4S that she has had for a few months.

I guess that she wasn't too impressed with the iPhone 5.
  11. 3DWaffle1 Let Go My AnDroid

iPhone 5 wins. Samsung Galaxy S3 is too big to be a mobile phone. I don't like Samsung S3 plastic.
  12. Avent Forum Moderator

Personally the Galaxy for me. I am not too fond on iPhone's.