Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by Marc, May 4, 2012.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

Web Ninja's recent post on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs the HTC One X gave me the idea of starting a thread.
    Which one between the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X do you prefer and why?
    web ninja likes this.
  2. dilawer Forum Moderator

Well, I am a Samsung fan but tbh when it comes to the design, I like the One X more. It has a unique simple design unlike the S III that sports a more Galaxy-Nexus like design. Although, when it comes to speed and benchmark results than the SGS III has the One X beat hands down. So, it's a choice of personal taste, if you want Sense 4.0 [that looks awesome] or TouchWiz 4.0.4 [Meh!].

BTW, where's the poll Marc?
  3. xpl0iter I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

I second the idea of having a poll for this thread!

Now for the topic, I would select samsung s3.
    My reasons are these:
    1. s3 supports 4g in some regions. I don't think one x supports it!
    2. one x - no card slot, are you kidding me! :/
    3. internal memory of different sizes for s3, makes me love the phone!
    4. usb on the go for s3, another reason I chose s3.
    5. image stabilisation for s3, I would day for an 8 mp camera this is a must have.
    6. 2100 mAh batter for s3 makes it last long!
    Anyway there is onething I will miss in s3. Stereo video recoding. :/ HTC one x has this!
  4. dilawer Forum Moderator

One X also supports 4G
  5. xpl0iter I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

I don't own these phones yet. All the information I get are from different websites like phone dog, gsmarena etc. So , I am sorry if I'm mistaken.

BTW are you sure about that?
    I mean I checked in the HTC website itself but didn't find anything that says it supports 4g! :/
  6. dilawer Forum Moderator

The US Variant of HTC One X does but the International version [Tegra 3!] doesn't...
  7. Empire_1 The Legend

S3 definitely! I am a complete S3 fan :p
  8. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

Well, assuming we're looking at the international version's of both. I would go with the HTC One X because of the UI, its better processor (in my opinion), and it's camera (I take pictures a lot).

Although if we were comparing Sprint's rendition of the One X - http://crazroid.com/android-smartphones/sprint-announces-the-htc-evo-4g-lte/ - I would go with the S3 because of the removable battery and sexierness.
  9. Empire_1 The Legend

Hmm the OneX has a 1.5 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 while the SIII has 1.5 GHz dual-core Krait (NA and JP versions). I certainly the OneX's Nvidia GeForce GPU over the Galaxy's Adreno 225.

Some critics have hailed the SIII for its processing speed and power. However, some consumers have criticized the S3 for its dim AMOLED screen, poorer camera compared to the OneX, and "cheap" polycarbonate shell.

I whole-heartedly agree to the polycarbonate shell. While it makes the phone extremely light, it feels cheap and flimsy. I like phones that are a little slightly heavier that the featherweight S3, and feel like they are worth the big price tag.

However the S3 still sells better than the OneX and despite its shortcomings, I'm still a SIII fan. For now. :p
  10. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

The national version of S3's processor is a Exynos quad not a 1.5 ghz dual. S3 fan huh? :p
  11. Empire_1 The Legend

Oh. :whistling:
    Haha isn't the Exynos only for AT&T versions?
  12. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

International version:

Chipset Exynos 4212 Quad
    Processor Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
    GPU Mali-400MP
    Speed 1.4GHz
    Empire_1 likes this.
  13. Bartlett New Kid on the Block

Galaxy S3 man!! That's one of the best phones on the market right now.
  14. Empire_1 The Legend

It's a shame there's no black color available for the S3

The "Pebble Blue" is pretty slick though :)
    The red one available from AT&T also looks quite attractive
  15. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

You know, you could just buy a black case which doesn't only customize the appearance but protects your phone.