My future smartphone war

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by GamerPerfection, Sep 24, 2012.

1. GamerPerfection Let Go My AnDroid

The battle between smartphones is heating up for me.

Currently I have the HTC HD7. My two year contract expires in January 2013 but i'm allowed to upgrade early in December 2012. And I plan to upgrade! I want to move away from a Windows Phone.

So first of all I love a phone with a big screen, it's one of the things that attracted me to my current phone.

My first option I looked at as a possible upgrade was the HTC One X which is Android 4.0 and has a 4.7inch screen.

My second choice was the Samsung S III which is also Android 4.0 and has a 4.8inch screen.

I am not considering the iPhone 5.

However, I've seen news of the Samsung Note 2 which boasts a 5.5inch screen, but may not be out until March 2013???
  2. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

I would go with the Samsung galaxy s3. My friends who do have the phone say it's awesome and apparently you can do so much with the phone. Its performance is top of the line, and it has a ton of features.

Im looking for a nee smartphone as well, coincidentally I have an hd7 as well, and I want to get the s3.
  3. GamerPerfection Let Go My AnDroid

Hang on, the Samsung Note II is due for release in the UK on 1st October??? Monday???
  4. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

Wait what Note 2 is coming in March for you? Where do you live.

I am not sure about UK but it is coming to US and Canada in October and November. I guess UK would be the same thing.

I Would go with the Note 2. That is what I am planning on getting. It was that or the S3. My friends say that the Note 2 is a little too big but I do enjoy a big screen. I just hope it fits in my pocket. :)
  5. dilawer Forum Moderator

Yes.
  6. GamerPerfection Let Go My AnDroid

I'm thinking i'd rather go with the SIII rather than the Note 2. Mainly because of the size. I mean i'd love a 5.5 inch display, but I don't want a huge phone. I've looked at the measurements and I don't really want that size in my hands.

So I think i'll go with the S3 in December when I can upgrade. It's a 4.8 inch display which is bigger than my current 4.3 inch display so that's good.