iOS vs. Android

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by Shahrier, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Shahrier Crazy Drama Queen

What shall your choice be? My choice is obviously Android. More powerful and even cheaper. I'm also not a fan of iOS interface.
  2. dilawer Forum Moderator

Android cuz it's Open-Source and you can mess with it, tweak it.
  3. XDKiNgKoNgXD New Kid on the Block

Both have there advantages, also they both have there low points.

iOS - Fast, Powerful and Is Updated Very Often.

Android - Not As Fast, Market isnt AS Good as iOS And Design isnt the best.

My Opinion The Winner is iOS 5
  4. xpl0iter I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

Obviously Android is the best.
    Its about freedom to do anything with what you won. This is why I like android and dislike any windows+apple products.
    IMHO Apple IOS is like a prison where you can do only a set of stuffs. But Android is more like an open ground where you can create stuffs, change whatever you want etc. + android is open source! I need to be able to "control/do what ever I want to" with the stuffs I buy, which I cannot do without breaking the law in the case of an IOS device!
    web ninja likes this.
  5. Garfiun New Kid on the Block

After having used both Android and IOS, I have found that Android was the choice for me. The freedom of the devices along with the ability to do what I want to do with it, is what got me into Android.
    xpl0iter likes this.
  6. xpl0iter I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

And another good thing about android is, we can jailbreak it without actually worrying about bricking the phone. Its actually so simple to recover even from a bricked device! With iphone once its "properly" bricked, its almost impossible to recover from that! :p
  7. Shortie861 I Got The Good Stuff

Has to be Android for me :) never been too keen on iOS myself :)
  8. xpl0iter I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

^^ Well I guess you should give it a try. Its good for all those people who don't like to customize stuffs and for people who like things to be straight + royal look and feel. Android is for all those people who like to experiment stuffs, and never satisfied with thing you get unless you make them to work your own way!
  9. Gshone Let Go My AnDroid

I understand the appeal of Android being a lot easier to tweak and play around with, but in my personal experience... I don't really need to do that stuff with it. So I'd personally compare the two based off of default features. I owned an Android phone well before I got my iPhone, but between the two... I think I'd honestly go with the iOS. There's just a soft spot that I have with Apple products/software that makes me love them so much. The elegance, the style... everything about it, basically.

Even with the iOS limitations, it does very well for itself. It lets me do just about anything I need to do.
  10. rksst228 Hey, I'm A Member

that's how the people decided
  11. SteveKnight New Kid on the Block

Hello Friends,

iOS has a bigger and better library of available games than Android. The fact is, most developers - not all, but most - prefer to develop for iOS first and Android second, if at all. Reasons for this vary, but there are two big ones. OS users have historically been overwhelmingly more likely to pay for apps. Six month ago, a survey found that two thirds of Android users had never spent a cent on apps. More recent data suggests that trend could be shifting, and we're optimistic that the debut of game-specific Android hardware like the Wikipad and Ouya could spur development. we compared the feature sets of iOS 6 and Android Ice Cream Sandwich to see how they stacked up. But then Google and Microsoft went and dropped all sorts of new features in their new Android Jelly Bean and Windows Phone 8 operating systems. That means it's time to reexamine the relative merits of each once again. Let the battle begin.
    iOS: iOS 6 lets you decline a call with a canned SMS response, filter out calls annoying contacts, and includes a Do Not Disturb toggle, all of which will prove useful for power users.
    Android: Android lets you compose a series of texts you can use as quick auto-replies when declining a call, and also lets you filter out calls from specific people, but it lacks the ability to enter into a Do Not Disturb mode.

Thanks And Regards.
    Steve Knight
  12. cpvr Let Go My AnDroid

iOS6 needs to stop freezing for people. I have the same problem. I had an Android before and to tell you the truth, I love my iPhone 4 more. The Android ran out of ram and I couldn't add any more space to it.