How to carry phone for runner?

Discussion in 'Accessory Discussions' started by Jessi, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

I have a friend who is getting into running more and more. She used to have an armband that held her ipod against her arm and she would simply leave her phone at home.

She'd like to switch to carrying her phone with her instead, but is fussing because she's tried a couple different bands now and they don't work. Either they're too tight and cut off circulation, or they slip and slide down her arm eventually, even if they don't feel too loose to begin with.

Got any reliable suggestions of what to use instead or a decent brand of armbands to try?
  2. Sheepishwolf Highly Addictive User

When I ran half-marathons, I would keep usually wear tank tops, and depending on the amount of layered tank tops that were being worn, my cell phone would fit snugly in the strap of the tank top. For extra support in that, using a band for your arm and wrapping it around the cellphone and strap of your shirt worked well. I had the same problem with arm bands either cutting off circulation or slipping down, and honestly haven't been able to find a decent band. However, I did once have someone on Etsy custom make me a "hand band" so I could put the phone in the palm of my hand without having to grip it at all, and it worked very will. Unfortunately, the person on Etsy who made it for me no longer makes custom orders like that.
  3. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

I would expect it to feel weird strapped to your hand. I know I would instinctively want to grip it anyway, I think, although maybe it would still be nice to just have the strap as a safety net.

I'll give her the suggestion about strapping it around the tank top strap, too. That might actually work with one of them that tends to slide down maybe.