Galaxy Note 2 vs Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by ashimashi, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

I am trying to decide which one to get...

The Galaxy S3 is around $100 cheaper but that doesn't mean much to me. I will wait a little while until the Note 2 is as cheap as the current S3.

But I have always loved the features of Note 2 and I do love a big phone. The only turn off of the Galaxy Note 2 is that it no longer comes with Adobe Flash. But the S3 still has Flash. That is a huge turn off for me because I do use a lot of stuff online that requires Flash at times.

But overall the Note 2 has fantastic features over S3 like:
    - Bigger screen
    - Better specs (too many to list...)
    - Better battery life
    - S pen and all its features
    - Already comes with 4.1 OS (Better chance of getting newer OS than S3)

But the only thing it doesn't have that the S3 has is Adobe Flash. Thought maybe someone would point me in the right direction to which one I should get. :)
  2. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

I hear alot of good things about the Note 2. I have a S3 myself and i love the phone.

I dont know much about the Note 2, but I would personally go with the Note 2 unless the phone is too big to carry around.
    The Note 2's performance should be enough to bring you over to that side, but if Flash is an essential, get the S3.
  3. Marc Forum Administrator

Both smartphones use the same Mali-400MP GPU, the same quad-core Cortex-A9 processor and the same Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. However, the Galaxy Note 2's processor is clocked at a higher frequency than the S3 (0.2 GHz difference if you're wondering). Of course, I'm referring to the international S3 model.

If you prefer smartphones with larger displays and don't mind coughing up the extra $100 bucks, I recommend that you go with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, :thumbsup:
    Adobe Flash was discontinued for the Android 4.1+ Jelly Bean operating system, ;)
    The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with Android 4.0 ICS out of the box (upgradable to Jelly Bean).