Galaxy Note 2 Vs Galaxy S3 [Samsung Smartphone Wars]

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by Marc, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

I just read the article Web Ninja posted up on the galaxy note 2 which tells us the specs of the smartphone.
    We already know the specs of the Samsung Galaxy S3, :coffee:

Now, which smartphone do you prefer (say why) and think is better in performance, etc?
  2. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

I always like bigger screens so I would have to go with the note 2. Some say the screen is too big so I have to hold it in my hands to see. I curently have a 4.3 inch screen and the note 2 is 5.5.

Performance wise, I believe that Galaxy note 2 is better.
  3. dilawer Forum Moderator

I have never preferred the NOTE as it is way oversized for my hands. So, i'll go with the GS3 as it has the perfect size same as the G.Nex
  4. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

Have you held it in your hands before? It's not that bad. The S3 is still pretty big too with 4.8 inch screen. The difference between the S2 to the S3 is basically same to S3 to Note 2
  5. dilawer Forum Moderator

I know, I have a G.nex and it's the same as GS3 in size. 4.8" is the perfect size for me and that's the maximum size my hands can handle.
  6. ramtastic05 Let Go My AnDroid

The note 2 seems to be a little more powerful with more memory, the same CPU but at a higher frequency.

I guess it comes down to preference and which device has better capabilities. I like the note 2 for the bigger screen and slight performance increase over the s3.

I probably won't end up using the max performance though, except for some occasional mobile gaming.
  7. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

Ya the performance is not that big a deal when it comes to the specs and such. It is more about the pen features and the screen size difference.

When it comes to the specs, the only thing I would maybe like is an increase of space. Maybe 32GB instead of my 12GB for Galaxy s2.
  8. Marc Forum Administrator

I wanted to see a 12 megapixel camera. However "8" isn't bad as how I'm making it sound, :whistling:
    If I did own a Galaxy Note 2 for personal use, I wouldn't carry it everywhere I go unless I have a holster.
  9. Marc Forum Administrator

Do you think it will be a good tablet replacement? :sneaky: