BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Smartphones

Discussion in 'BlackBerry and BlackBerry World' started by Marc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

Did anyone read about the new BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 smartphones?
    They're going to be powered by the company's recently announced mobile operating system, BlackBerry 10.

What are your thoughts?
  2. Avent Forum Moderator

It seems to be a huge improvement from what they previously had (which lets be honest, was broken). I would say it will keep Blackberry fans happy but still will not appeal enough for me to ditch Android just yet.

Hope it keeps the business alive though - they have some interesting ideas.
  3. Marc Forum Administrator

I like that they kept the physical keyboard for the Q10 smartphone. People that enjoys using physical keyboards to type instead of using the touchscreen will prefer this one over the Z10 and other touchscreen phones.

The only thing that I'm worried about is the price.
    Avent likes this.
  4. Avent Forum Moderator

I agree. They have tried to appeal to businessmen with the BlackBerry 10 operating system and therefore have set a pretty high cost in my opinion. I feel the whole social BBM feature would be more suited to advertising the phone to teenagers. I also feel that would potentially increase market share too?
  5. sagarsaw Let Go My AnDroid

In my Opinion,the Blackberry 10 Operating System looks pretty good and so does the new Blackberry Z10 device.But the most important thing is the price point at which the device has been launched.Very few people would invest around $700-750 to own a smartphone and would rather opt for devices like Samsung Galaxy SIII or the Nexus 4 which provides a value for money option.
    Ideally a price tag of around $400-500 max is well suited for such a device.
  6. dilawer Forum Moderator

The Z10 s the perfect device at this point in time when the mobile market is moving onto touchscreen devices. Q10 should've been a touchphone too, an entry level BB touch phone!
  7. Marc Forum Administrator

The Q10 has a touchscreen, ;) (it also includes a built-in physical keyboard for those BlackBerry keyboard fans)
  8. dilawer Forum Moderator

I know what i meant is that it should've been a complete touchscreen phone with a bigger display. There was some old BB bold that also had touch n type, it wasn't a big success, so why take chances with the Q10?
  9. Marc Forum Administrator

TBH, I like that I have the physical keyboard as an option. BlackBerry fans would have made an outrage if that was not an option (like with the Torch 9860). For the people that dislike its keyboard, the Z10 is perfect for 'em.
    devcellent likes this.
  10. dilawer Forum Moderator

Z10 is expensive! They're doing it like Apple, not catering to the needs of people who are tight on budget and looking for an entry level phone
  11. Marc Forum Administrator

Well, these are the high-end BlackBerry smartphones to try and kick Android and iOS where it hurts.
    There are tons of cheap BlackBerry phones available. Most people buy 'em just for BBM, ;)
  12. dilawer Forum Moderator

Lol, that's so cute! :-D
  13. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

The Blackberry Z10 is comparable to other smartphones:

The Samsung Galaxy S3 is widely considered a current gen standard. It would seem the biggest difference is between Google Mobile Services and Blackberry Flow, 3rp Party apps between the Blackberry 10 OS and Ice Cream Sandwich. Oh, and the forward-facing camera.

I actually switched from Blackberry to Android last year. And wouldn't you know it, Blackberry finally decides to catch up to the competition.
  14. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

I think that this is the company's last chance. If they really want to be in the top, these phones can help them reach this goal. If you ask me, they have all the chances to do it. The new Z10 looks very good.
  15. premiere Let Go My AnDroid

I recently watched a report on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) channel that said Blackberry is making a lot of progress in emerging markets in places such as Indonesia and Brazil. Apparently, market share in Canada is increasing as well.

My question is whether or not Blackberry is planning successive smartphone models to continue to compete with the competition. They can't afford to have extended periods of inactivity in-between product releases.