BlackBerry BBM Video Chat

Discussion in 'BlackBerry and BlackBerry World' started by Marc, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Marc Forum Administrator

I'm guessing BBM Video Chat is one of the new features of BlackBerry 10 devices since BB7 smartphones do not have a front-facing camera. It's pretty cool, but I would have preferred if you could have used BBM over Wi-Fi, :cry: (that's where Apple wins with FaceTime).

What are your thoughts about BBM video chat?
  2. Avent Forum Moderator

It is decent. I have it on my PlayBook as that was a feature on this tablet. Interesting to know if tablets can video chat mobile phones.
  3. IVOXX Let Go My AnDroid

Avent that is a good question. Does cross device operability work in Blackberry multiple device type video chat sessions? I always hedge when getting a device that automatically promotes video chat.
    In business I often opt out of video mode, it isn't necessary and often proves a unnecessary distraction. I am a woman and do business with a lot of men, there are a lot of unnecessary remarks made and dynamics that come into play i would rather be spared.
  4. Marc Forum Administrator

Avent likes this.
  5. Avent Forum Moderator

6. Marc Forum Administrator

It's only possible with the Z10 and Q10 since the other blackberry phones have no front-facing camera.
    Avent likes this.
  7. Avent Forum Moderator

Okay, gonna have to buy my girlfriend a new BlackBerry phone then so I can talk face to face when she is on holiday :p
    Marc likes this.
  8. Marc Forum Administrator

lol. Why do that when there is Skype? :sneaky: