Are there any cheap phones still around?

Discussion in 'Gadget Wars' started by Jessi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

I don't even mean *super* cheap, but just not the $400+ that is quite the norm these days.

I have been using the same phone for several years now and really, it's time to upgrade. I haven't because I don't want to pay the cost, though. I don't want to re-sign a contract, so I'll be paying for the phone out of pocket.

Can you recommend a decent phone that's in the mid-range or lower side of the cost scale? I don't even mind buying it used off Ebay if it's a really good phone.
  2. Marc Forum Administrator

You have no idea what perverts do with their smartphones. I NEVER buy a phone that was used, :dead:

Anyway, if you're looking for a good unlocked Android smartphone, go for the Nexus 4.
    It sells at Google Play (online store) for $299 (8GB) and $349 (16GB).

Link: http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

It has a quad-core CPU, a great 4.7-inch screen, an 8 megapixel camera, a 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, and of course - access to the latest versions of Android before most phones get a taste, :D
  3. 3DWaffle1 Let Go My AnDroid

There are plenty of cheap phones around. However, they are not smart phone. You get get one for $10-$20 US
  4. Avent Forum Moderator

You can get some basic just text and call ones really cheap.
  5. Marc Forum Administrator

That's not really an upgrade, :pompus:
  6. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

Lol! Perverts do all sorts of things to all sorts of products. It doesn't mean I won't still buy it and clean it up. If you're talking about pictures or whatever on them, then that can be deleted. As for what they might physically do with them, I don't want to think about it....but I don't mind just cleaning it up if it saves me some money. :p
  7. Corvus Highly Addictive User

In my country for that price you can find some phones but let's be honest.. not too good.
    In the end, it all depends what you are looking for.
  8. dilawer Forum Moderator

Get the Nokia Lumia 620! Its cheap and pretty cool. You can also get Sony Xperia P, or Xperia J.
  9. lowrider.STi Let Go My AnDroid

The Nexus 4 is the best you can get for $300! Of course, if you want a top smartphone. There are definitely other cheaper options. For $100, in my country, you can get some really nice Samsungs or LGs.