Are screen protectors neccessary for Tablets, phones, and hand helds?

Discussion in 'Accessory Discussions' started by Johnson Yip, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I'm not sure. I'm always worried after putting a screen protector on my Touchscreen does not work, or it makes the screen worse, and it is hard to remove, and re-apply.

I rather use a case to protect my electronic then those stick on screen protectors.
  2. chahine sfarov New Kid on the Block

No, to me they are useless
  3. Logan18 BBM Crazy Member

They're needed. My iPod Touch is so scratched up, because I never used one.
  4. Shortie861 I Got The Good Stuff

I think they are needed to be honest as these types of screens are so easy to scratch just from everyday use, I don't think that they will mess up your screen or stop it from working as long as the screen protector is put on correctly which from experience isn't too hard to do and if you are not very steady then asking someone who has steady hands is usually best.
  5. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Thanks, I look for one that is not permanent, or can be taken off easily, and reapplied when ever I want.
  6. Logan18 BBM Crazy Member

Great post. I agree 100% with that. :)
  7. Empire_1 The Legend

I'm pretty sure 99% of all screen protectors aren't permanent :p

A screen protector protects your screen from humidity, fluids, scratches, etc. Water will usually ruin a screen by making it less responsive. And too much oil buildup also diminishes the responsiveness from the screen. Scratches look bad and are permanent. A good screen protector eliminates all of these issues and when the screen protector becomes bad, you can peel it off and apply another one! ;)
  8. Castle I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

Good question! I have never used one. Only on my Desktop.
  9. Elseb Crazy Drama Queen

I've never liked screen protectors, they annoy me as i always get little bubbles! :p
  10. StripesAndFins BBM Crazy Member

I never use one. I always just keep it as the usual background, no added effects.
  11. thatguywhy New Kid on the Block

I really like screen protectors, and i find them nessesary, aswell as a really good case :)
    Some of the screen protectors have amazing texture and can improve readability in the sun and thus you can lower brightness to achieve the same effects, so in the end, you are saving battery life :)
  12. joe I'm Not Crazy, or Am I

To me screen protectors aren't really that unnecessary. I had one on my phone a year or so, but it started to peel off. I was going to get a replacement, but I got lazy. Fortunately I haven't a single scratch on it yet.
  13. ashimashi Let Go My AnDroid

Yes they really are to me for touch screen phones. You guys think you don't need it and you will make sure nothing happens to it but just wait until you get a scratch on it. Happened to my friends iPhone4. Huge scratch in the middle, it was so annoying that he had to get it fixed. Boy was it hard for him to get it fixed cause guess how much it cost to fix it? $200 to fix a scratch. Well they had to replace the whole screen but still. A $10-$15 protector will save you money in the future.
    thatguywhy likes this.
  14. thatguywhy New Kid on the Block

Screen protectors also help your screen remain "intact".
    Im sure you have seen all those people with "shattered" screens on their smartphones. Like ashimashi stated, it costs a lot of money to replace the screen, and you may have to ship it back to the manufacturer so you could be "phoneless". $10-$15 saves you a lot of trouble :p
  15. Ikram Crazy Drama Queen

I don't think they are really that useful ;) I always get a satifying feeling when I remove the screen protector :D
  16. Shahrier Crazy Drama Queen

To be honest, I think screen protectors are only needed for those bad quality iPhone/iTouch screens.
  17. 50Cent Let Go My AnDroid

To me screen protector really work, one screen protector can last me for at least 8 months. Screen protector protect your screen from scratches, stain etc.. It will also look like new if you were to sold it as 2nd hand phone.
  18. anna_karenina Highly Addictive User

I don't use one. More than this, I carry my phone in a... baby sock. It's very fluffy and it protects the phone.
  19. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

It just depends on the person really.

I don't personally use one because I'm really careful with my electronics and the screen protectors can get really weird. That being said, when I bought my tablet, I left the plastic on that until it finally started peeling, which was months later. I didn't replace it once I finally had to take it off, though.
  20. Avent Forum Moderator

I personally like to have one for safety measures. They are not fool proof so it all depends on personal opinion on if you feel you need one or not. I would not say it mattered either way.